Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Simple Pleasures of Life

Last weekend, hubby took me to watch the movie 'The Confessions of a Shopaholic'. He doesn't enjoy chick-lit and this type of movie is definitely not cup his tea, but the fact that he made the effort to fulfil his wife needs, really made my day and loved him even more. The fact that we went out just the two of us, definitely strengthen the relationship and the love that I have for him.

And there was this time when my son was 4, after coming home from kindergarten during his first month of schooling days, he was unhappy to be in school(doesn't this sound familiar?), I was feeding him rice for lunch, I told him that whenever he is unhappy, I'm unhappy too and he said 'I'm not happy when I'm school because when I'm in school, I miss you too much.' I was flabbergasted and was closed to tears. This kind of love that comes from the heart so pure and pristine never fails to make me shed a few tears.

There was also day, when my eldest daughter was selected to represent her school for a story-telling competition and I couldn't make myself to attend as I was still in my confinement and she went, 'I'm sad when you can't come and watch me, when you are around I feel better and more confident of myself.' Her words made my heart swelling with pride because she needed me and my presence meant so much to her.

And also the times when the children uttered 'Thank you, Ibu' everytime I buy things for them, never fails to make me feel good of myself being a mother. Not forgetting the times when they say 'I'm sorry, Ibu' when they did something wrong and they actually meant it shows that I have taught them some good values in their life.

Not forgetting the hugs and kisses the children give me everytime without asking are among a few simple pleasures in life that I treasure so much.

6 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

Beautiful!
Moments like these memang tak boleh dibeli dengan wang ringgit.
Take care and hugs to your kids :)

Puteri's territory said...

Betul sangat Kak Naz,
sometimes when I'm unhappy and I received the hugs from my kids especially the 2 younger ones, I felt a lot better after that.

MrsNordin said...

Those simple gestures made it all worthwhile to bring up our children. For me, the word "Thank You" is so precious. Kalau kita penat2 memasak or pegi kedai beli barang untuk depa, and when they say thank you, terus hilang penat! Miracle!

jabishah said...

So, did you like the movie? You know I was so thrilled with Jemir's willingness to watch with me rather than the movie itself.

True what you highlighted here. Such simple gestures mean a lot kan?

Puteri's territory said...

Hey MrsN,
thank you for dropping by. Checking out my girls ke? ahak ahak. Anyway the photos that i upload here don't do them justice at all. They're much better looking in person...mmg sesuai sgt dgn Nizzar. (still pushing my luck)ahak ahak. Betul! the word thank you is so strong, terubat segala penat lelah dan wang yang telah keluar, kan?

Puteri's territory said...

Hey Ja,
yeah, loved the movie. But the story is so far different from the novel, tu yang I tak puas ati sikit. Tapi I love the moment watching it with my husband even more.