Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hypocrite? I am not.

Hypocrite? I wish I am one.
The inability of buttering people up, is definitely a shortcoming of my side.
To be a hypocrite is definitely a talent or a skill that I wish I have. To be one, definitely will take one further in life. You will be loved by your superiors and that what matters, isn't it?

I am an open book. What you see is what you get and I find this to be of a disadvantage in my workplace politics. Been doing this profession for 12 years now and it definitely didn't get me anywhere. All my hardwork is not recognised just because I'm not the type who's good in blowing my own trumpet. Some people did it with such flair that they appear to be so busy and more capable than their colleagues. All their hardwork is mentioned and recognised. Maybe I need to shed some crocodile tears to make myself sound convincing. But a drama queen? I am not.

The feeling of unappreciated sometimes kills your passion and it is definitely killing me slowly inside. What's the point of sacrificing so much when you get nothing in return? I hate being calculative, but when you are too long in the same environment and doing the same thing for over a long period of time and not recognised for all the effort that you have put in, you tend to be tad calculative as you have to juggle other things too.

Maybe I need a new environment. Like the saying 'the grass is always greener on the other side.' Maybe I should give it a try.

8 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Puteri, was at Ida Hariaty's place about to check out noticed your callsign.
Nice blog you have and read your this warm heartfelt posting.

Just be yourself Puteri...we cannot afford to worry or think of what others think or say.
Live your life with no excuses, love with no regrets.

Our life today is not a dress rehearsal. We only get to play one round.
And the most important thing is you, your life, then your family. Thats what counts.

You have a pleasant week, best regards, Lee.

Naz in Norway said...

Be true and sincere to yourself and your calling. How others behave and what they think are of very little importance.

Sibyl said...

It's NOT TRUE. The grass is ALWAYS green and this side is the BEST. SO don't jump into the unknown cos it might bite so hard it will leave an indelible mark.

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Dear Puteri,

You are a teacher too? It is a noble profession, but I just could not stay long over there.

You do not have to be someone who is not you. This world would be a lonely place if we become strangers with ourself.

I understand the pile of work that you have to do..it will keep on piling. Just hang on there, sis.

Puteri's territory said...

Uncle Lee, seeing your name, almost sent tears to my eyes as your name is really familiar in my late's friend blog, shera, especially the poem your dedicated to her was really touching.
You are always with your kind words. Thank you. I feel a lot better now.
Thank you for dropping by.

Puteri's territory said...

Kak Naz,
I'm sincere and I like what I'm doing but the heart tends to be sore when looking at other people especially those younger ones gained the limelight and recognition for the things they have done.

Puteri's territory said...

Sib, the grass is green and the best here because there are people like you around. Things are great here because of friends like you. Don't worry, I can tell you that I'll be long here. Just dissatisfaction that I have to put down in words.

Puteri's territory said...

Yes,
I'm a teacher and I love what I'm doing but I sometimes can't take the school politic here.

I envy you, sometimes, I wish I can drop everything and be a homemaker like you as being a full-time mother is fulfilling and rewarding.

Thank you for dropping by.