Saturday, March 14, 2009

Thank you teacher

Last Thursday the day of the SPM result being released, was a day full of emotions. They were happy faces, sad, dissatisfied and even shocked. On the whole, the girls did a wonderful job with many of them getting more number of A's. These girls were my babies when there were in Form 1 and 2 when we were in the afternoon session and more often than not when the become the senior girls they will be thanking their form 4 and 5 teachers and just bypassed us. We the lower form teachers are just used to this kind of scenario. It happens everytime during the PMR results too. They often thanked their form 3 teachers only.

So when these girls actually came to me and thanked me for teaching them when they were in Form 2, for scolding them and because of that they had been working hard and managed to get an A in the subject, I was touched. It almost sent tears to my eyes. It was just a simple gesture of thank but it meant a lot to me and it really made my day. It is nice to be appreciated. I believe other teachers out there share my view too.

3 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

*Thank you* is a very powerful word, indeed.
It is strange that the simplest things often require more courage to do/say.
...but that is life, I guess.

jabishah said...

That is so true dear!

Welcome back to blogsphere. Will come & visit often. Take care!

Puteri's territory said...

Kak Naz, you're soooo right. It is indeed a powerful word.