Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Mama


My Mama and Papa

Today is Mama 66th birthday. Happy Birthday to you Mama!
A small gathering was held to celebrate this auspicious occasion. As yours truly is the only daughter and still staying with Mama, a small makan-makan was organised for all the other family members.

So bibik cooked sambil tumis udang and beef curry (yeah i'm ashamed to admit that i don't really know my way around the kitchen),I only managed simple dish like my marinated fried chicken and mixed veggie (just because bibik will usually overcooked the veggie) and for drinks sirap bandung. My eldest brother brought 4 pizzas, 2 large and 2 regulars,and 2 bottles of carbonated drinks, my second brother brought 2 cakes as my nephew and niece birthday was yesterday on the 21st March and 3 boxes of yummy cupcakes. My younger brother on the other hand brought KFC. So there was a lot of food.

The event started at 12.30 pm and upon arrival of my brothers and my parents cucus(all 12 of them), the house became pretty chaotic as we all bukan reti nak cakap slow-slow pun. My mom often says that we all kalau bercakap memang macam keling karam. So when we get together is always loud kat mana-mana pun it could be in any posh hotel or restaurant or mamak stall tapi our table would be the most happening and the loudest of all. As for today's topic it was definietely the EPL football and talking about the boys favourite team Liverpool.

Anyway after helping ourselves to the food, we got all the cucus to gather around Tok Mama and sang her the birthday song and they sang for Qistina and Farhan too. Yeah we had 3 cakes. Then the most awaited event the gift opening ceremony. My younger brother and I got Mama a 3G handphone (sorrylah Mama budget lari bulan ni, so kena share dengan Adik),my eldest brother got Mama a nice Salvatore Ferragamo beige handbag (Amne bolehlah Ma, dia loyar,ada firm sendiri banyak duit)*wink* *wink* (sour grape) and since my parents are going off to Perth, Australia tomorrow, my brothers gave her some Aussie dollars too.

I know it was nothing much but I hope you're happy with how it turned up and happy with the gifts too. I love you Ma, so much. I may not say it often but I treasure every things that you have done to us. And I hope you have a lot of fun in Perth tomorrow. I love you so much that words can't actually expressed the way I feel towards you. I love you Ma and happy birthday again!

2 comments:

Puteri Nuur At-Terawis said...

Kak Yang,
Wish Enda Ann a happy many returns! Btw, Sue link blog Kak Yang to mine ;) Hope you don't mind.

Puteri's territory said...

Su, alamak mcmana boleh jumpa blog kak yang ni? Malunya. Of course, i don't mind the link, am honoured. Ahak ahak. But sadly i can't retrieve your blog. Kenapa ye?