Saturday, March 21, 2009

I wanna ride the hot air balloon!

This morning we made plan to have a ride on the hot air balloon in Putrajaya but it didn't materialise as the tickets were sold out. Can you believe that? We were there yesterday's evening the whole family to experience the ride and were told by the salesperson that the rides are only open to public on the morning slot from 9 am - 11 am and that the ticket booth is only open from 7 am onwards.

So today we left the house early full with anticipation that we will have the chance to ride on the hot air balloon. We were all excited on our journey to Putrajaya as this will definitely be an experience of a lifetime.

Upon reaching the parking lots, we could already see seas of cars and people bustling around the area. As it was difficult to get a spot, i volunteered to get down first to purchase the tickets whilst my hubby find a vacant parking space.

While walking to the ticket booth from afar i could see a throng of exasperated looking people walking away from the ticket booth. Still keeping my fingers crossed i was surprised to see there was no queue and so I approached.

And there written clearly on the board "Tickets for the hot air balloon ride today sold out". It was 7.20 am, how could they be sold out? I told them I thought the booth opens at 7 am and was told the tickets were sold out within 10 minutes after the booth has openeed and some actually queued from 5 am and i met a family who was here from 6.45 but didn't manage to purchase the tickets too.

So we just don't see the point to linger on as we were already there yesterday, we were frustrated so we headed to the mamak stall instead for breakfast. On the way we could see hot air balloon in the air and it was definitely a sight to behold with balloons in a shape of a peacock, clown face, a really big mug of nescafe and an orange. There were 16 hot air balloons together and it further made us sad not able to ride on one.


2 comments:

Jaded Skyes said...

My sister went to Putrajaya yesterday for the hot air balloon too as a birthday treat from her best friend. I don't know whether she had the chance to ride the balloon or not. The camera malfunctioned though, and can't be used anymore. ): That really spoiled her big day.

jabishah said...

I was not aware with this hot air balloon thing until I saw a status update in FB by a friend. If not , I will defintely be there as Putrajaya is quite nearby from my place. I know exactly how you felt. Rasa mcm nak nangis pun ada right? What mattered was the kids' frustration.