Monday, January 4, 2010

Khairina and Dhaniyah First Day of School

Khairina

So it was Khairina first day of school today. I still remember her first day in kindi, when she was 4, how she was unhappy and cried when I had to leave the premise. Hence I'd imagined that it may be a drama today too as well although few weeks before that she told me how excited she is to be in Year One and she just can't wait for school to start soon. Not only that she had been parading her school outfit in front of everybody with socks and shoes on and backpack strapped on her shoulders. So I commented on hubby that should be a good sign ain't it?

And that reminded me of Nabil on the eve of his first school day where he went 'Abah, is it true that I'll be Year One tomorrow? I'm not ready,' and how that statement caught us off guard as we thought he is brave enough to go through Year One and everything will be plain sailing. How wrong we were!!!

Alright back to Khairina, so I was actually prepared for her to suddenly get nervous breakdown and that she may shed a few tears or even throw a tantrum so I told hubby to just stay on until recess.

That morning when I woke her up, I was pleased that she woke up with a smile, getting her ready was also easy, so when all 3 were ready I sent them off to their father's car.
While I was at work, I called hubby to see how thing went and he said everything's fine. Khairina is ok and she has managed to make few friends.

Khairina eagerly waiting for the lesson to start

As my timetable was quite free on Monday, I decided to check on her during her recess. I watched her from afar and she was doing so fine, she looked calm and confident, she chit-chatted with her new found bestfriend, they sat together and ate the food they brought from home. When I aprroached, she was pleasantly surprised to see me and a few minutes later, the big brother joined her for break and played his brotherly role pretty well, sitting next to the sister and making her comfortable in this new environment. I was overwhelmed, they are both big kids now that I had to put both my hands on my chest. (Read : emo+overeact).

When I told her, I need to go off, she just said "Pergilah" and when I asked "Will you be alright?' She went 'Yes, yes, Ibu pergi ajelah' and that made me sad. My girl is so big, she doesn't need me that much anymore. Waaaaaaaaa....! Letting go is never easy. Soon, before I know it she's going to get married and she'll forget about me. Waaaa....!! (ok ok that was overboard and way out of topic). sorry.

Look at that smile. This photo is taken right after recess


Engrossed in a discussion

That night when I asked her how she liked her school, she said she liked it because she can go shopping and I went Shopping?! Where?! And she went shopping in the school canteen, I like it Ibu, I like spending money in the canteen. Hah! Alamak who taught you this huh? Wonder where you get that idea from? And that night before going to bed she told hubby that he doesn't need him to wait in school anymore.

We got worried for nothing. She is doing fine. She likes school just hope she continues to like school for the next 10 years of her life.

Dhaniyah

Today was Dhaniyah's first day in a kindergarten. We opted for the afternoon session class as she has trouble waking up early in the morning. For the past 2 weeks we have been getting her prepared for school by reminding her she needs to go to school soon and making her repeat her class name and teacher's name.

She was not eager with the idea of going to school. When we asked her whether she looks forward for school, she will say 'school ada slide' so we weren't sure whether 'ada slide' is good enough to make her go to school. Nonetheless, it was difficult getting her ready today, but when was told that I'll be coming home to take her to school, she was ok.

Was happy at the very beginning


Busy colouring

She made no fuss entering the classroom, so I was happy and I thought this should be easy. I told her to sit down, she obliged, the teacher gave her a piece of paper, a picture of 2 pears for her to colour, she quickly took out her colour pencils and began to colour, she was doing a good job and I told her that I shall wait for her outside, she went 'Ok, tapi Ibu jangan pergi mana-mana ok?' and in my heart I went 'Oh Oh' so I stood there and from time to time she would lift up her head to make sure I was there. About half and hour later the principal told us to leave the premise and that the children are under their good care so while I was making myself to the exit I heard 'Nak Ibu, Nak Ibu' and I saw her running after me. I did not have the heart to leave her that way, that I carried her back to her classroom, she protested but after I promised that I shall wait for her she agreed.

She was sobbing here

Instead of sitting on the chair, she decided to sit on me and continued colouring, they were other kids crying too and I felt bad that I was the only parent there when the rest had left the building. I then coaxed her to sit on the chair and to make sure that I will not leave her, she had one hand holding the colour pencil and colouring the picture given and the other hand all the time holding my hand. Smart girl!

About 20 minutes later, the teacher told them to line-up so they can go to the sink to wash their hands and ready for snack so I took the opportunity to fled when I heard a loud wail of 'Nak Ibu, Nak Ibu, Ibu tipu Niyah' Alamak! My own daughter called me a penipu. What example have I set? What have I done. It was a tear-jerker, heart-wrenching but I had no choice so I left the place.

I waited for her to get back, when she did, she looked happy and when I asked 'Did you like school?' She said 'Best' and when I asked are you going tomorrow she answered 'yes' I was overjoyed until she said 'Besok Ibu kena hantar shaya pash tu tunggu shampai shaya balik tau, shebab nanti shaya nangish shebab shaya shedih shangat shangat pash tu shaya nangish banyak banyak'

Ayoyo! How now brown cow?

4 comments:

Cik Puan Kamil said...

He he... Dhaniyah so cute ! Good luck to both of your daughters ...

Puteri's territory said...

Cik Puan Kamil,
it was a real drama yesterday. Anak saparlah ni. Tak tau!

Anonymous said...

salam kenai..
came acrss ur blog.. sgtla menarik..
btw i'm so impressed with ur english skill.. :)

Puteri's territory said...

Hello Anon,
salam kenai too. Bunyi mcm orang Kedah je. ahak ahak. Malu nak accept such compliment because my English is very the simple.

Thanks btw.