Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Greetings From Room 571

Oh yes, my baby is warded in SDMC, Room no 571, and tonight is my second night here and it is definitely not a nice feeling to be here.

This is his third time warded in less than 6 months. I feel bad!!! It shows that I have not been doing a good job.

This time around is just awful.

Hubby took him to the hospital last Monday as he has shown no sign of improvement, I didn't expect him to be warded as he didn't look that sick. He was coughing with slight flu. So I didn't follow them for his check-up as I thought he'll be undergoing physiotheraphy and that he'll be fine. Turned out it was more serious than that as his lungs were cloudy with phlegm and bacteria infected and he suffered from throat infection too.

When hubby told me he needed to be warded, I was still in school, sitting in a meeting hence I can't rush and see him there and then. Hubby told me he refused to eat and drink his milk as his throat hurt. After the meeting, sent my mom for her treatment, picked up the kids from school, sent Aina for Kumon, picked up my mom, packed my stuff and straight away made my way to the hospital.

He cried when he saw me and I was heart-broken as at this stage he has already lost his voice. He wanted to be carried and pointed to the door and said 'Alik, Ibu dom alik' (Balik, Ibu jom balik) and that was just painful hearing him say that.

He just cannot stand the sight of nurse as he will be bawling his eyes out crying non-stop until they left the room and that made him tired and he will fall asleep after that but his sleeps are often disturbed with nurses checking his temperature, for nebaliser session, physio, medication and he'll be crying during all these sessions. To make him stop I will to take over as he wouldnt let the nurses even to touch his hand.

He struggles less now during nebaliser but for pyshio he will be crying at the top of his lungs and shouting 'akit akit' (sakit sakit). It was excruciating to see him to go through all these but I know it is for his own good.

He's asleep right now and he's still wheezing. He has 2 more pysiotherapy sessions tomorrow and 2 more nebaliser and 1 more antibiotic shot and am praying hard that tonight will be our last night here.

For the days that we have spent here, he has watched 4 Barney's DVDs and I've watched 3 DVDs, The Proposal, My Sister's Keeper and Julie Julia which I bought them before Raya last year and didnt have the chance to watch and I loved each one of them. Such wonderful stories!!! They helped me to feel less miserable.

2 comments:

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Poor Hilman... take care both of u...

Desert Rose said...

OMG!!! pOOR lil Hilman... hope he recover very2 soon. Mama pun take care pls...miss ya