Monday, November 23, 2009

Great Food, Good Company!

Last weekend Myra invited me for dinner in her house. I was excited because she's a real good cook so this is a chance to savour all the wonderful food she has prepared. The invitation was done through the facebook and as I replied to the thread messages, I felt like an outsider because Myra was the only person I knew, so I then became quite sceptical to go. But to miss out on the good food, no can do! So I braved myself there.

I took Dhaniyah with me as the elder two girls went for a sleepover at their cousin's house. As I was to drive at night, I asked Myra the direction to her house and with lots of prayers, I made my way to Shah Alam. As usual, I got lost but and thank God for handphones Myra guided me through all the way to her house.

Upon seeing her, I never fail to shed a few tears because she reminds me of arwah (my best friend) and how much I miss her. As she ushered me to the house, I was later introduced to her good friends Nadia, Jaja, Amelia, Ami and Kamalia. They were all such nice friendly people and they did not make me feel awkward at all.

And there on the dining table, was a whole spread of wonderful succulent food that some looked really alien to me. There was minestrone soup, chicken pie, scoth eggs aka dinosaur eggs, meringue, blueberry cheesy tarts, chocolate peanut cheese tarts, spaghetti carbonara, chicken sandwiches, chocolate muffins. Not only they looked good, it was so tasty too. I had made the right move to come.

Not long after came the diva the Desert Rose, I was eager to meet her as I have been following her blog and she's really one entertaining person. I pictured her to be loud and aggressive, turned out she's such a soft-spoken person but she was still funny. Then came Anna Maria, a good friend of arwah and talking to her made me sad again as she reminded me of how much I missed arwah.

I made a move around midnight and I felt happy. Not only I got to eat the succulent food, I enjoyed the company too. Myra thank you for inviting me and introducing me to all these wonderful people.

6 comments:

alias derais said...

i tau u mesti bermati-matian demi makanan-adakah komen ini kejam, entahlah.

by,
ada seorang itu.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

kak Puteri it was a pleasure having u around. I really think we should stop crying whenever we see each other. Arwah would be laughing like mad if she knows..

Cakap banyak... as I am crying in full view of my colleagues right now.

Desert Rose said...

Puteri, I think I nak print this entry of yours, highlight kat part SOFT SPOKEN tu and frame kat wall supaya Myra meroyan everytime she comes to my house hahahaha....owhhh i sungguh flaterred dgn pujian itew.

Anyway extremely happy that we got to meet at last...u such a nice n sweet person )n I can sense a dash of mereng here n there like us wakakakaa)

Kawan2 silalah afundi entry ini okay ...

Puteri's territory said...

Oh itu satu tohmahan yang tidak berasas sama sekali kerana walaupun makanannya banyak aku amik sikit-sikit aje. ahak ahak.

by,
ada ka orang camtu?

Puteri's territory said...

Myra,
I know. I tried and I even warned myself not to cry but upon hearing your voice pun I dah get shaky inside and sedar2 menitis jugak.

Maybe when we see each other more often nanti, things get better, tak nak jadi mcm Kassim Selamat pula nanti. Nauzubillah.

Puteri's territory said...

Ces! I tarik baliklah soft spoken tu. Tp truly Eja, you were not what I expected you to be. 1. Sebab u tak besar pun and no 2. suruh you pun merdu. ahak ahak.

I berani ckp sebab takde saper pun nak Afundi entry ni sbb bukan ramai yang melawat pun. ahak ahak.