Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What Ramadhan does to me:-

During break fast today, Nabil commented 'seronoknya berbuka, nikmat Abil rasa' the look on his face and how he finished his food sends some joy in me, knowing that he loves fasting due to the nikmat he gets during berbuka.

The doa my children recite before the break fast, makes me proud of them for being thankful with the food spread on the table.

The family walk to the surau in our praying attire for the terawikh prayer, brings me calmness beyond compare as we walk hand-in-hand clad in our wudhu' is a journey that I enjoy every night during Ramadhan.

Waking the kids up for sahur, though it's a challenge but the fact that they managed to be on the dining table in time for sahur, and finishing up their food gives me an accomplishment that even words can't express.

Sitting together in the living hall, laughing and teasing each other in the wee hours of the morning while waiting for the azan, is another simple pleasure in life that I treasure.

The obstacles the children had to endure to get a puasa penuh is another proud moment that only a mom can understand.

And I get all these during Ramadhan.
The month of Ramadhan definitely strengthen the bonds among my family members and I treasure the every moment it brings.

No comments: