Monday, July 13, 2009

Today was fun

Well today was the performance for the Toyota Eco Youth, the orchestra members gathered in the hall as early as 7.30 am, setting up the platforms, chairs, music stands and the instruments. The sound system people were punctual, they arrived 7.45 on the dot, mike 'ing', plug in and what not. Encik Radzali our music instructor was on time too, we did the sound check, practiced with the choir group and our principal looked contented.

I ordered 10 boxes of pizza, we ate our lunch in the school canteen, it was fun. The girls got ready at around 1.30 pm, we performed at around 3.00 pm and as usual they were excellent. I'm so proud of them and the thought that this may be the last performance for the Form fives saddened me as they have been in the orchestra throughout their school lives and we have established some special bonds together, seeing them grow right in front of my eyes from small, whining immature girls to tall, sweet, mature ladies made me feel that I'll miss them once they leave school.

Anyway, while waiting for tea, some of the orchestra members and the choir girls sat with me at the gazebo beside the hall and this was where the fun starts. I discovered many unusual and funny things about my students for example how one of my form fives actually has this major crush on our music instructor, I somehow could sense it years ago but had brushed it away, but today just confirmed everything and looking at her blushing when we were talking about him was funny. And the fact that she was not the only one and they were other girls too who have major crush on him made it even funnier. Just for the record, my music instructor is not unfortunate looking and he has some good husband materials and the fact that he's passionate in his music especially when he's conducting makes him look really awesome, i tell you.

So being in a all girls school, where we are deprived from having many of these species in our school, I somehow could understand their feeling, the fact they went gugu gaga over him and other male trainee teachers was hilarious. What I'm amazed was the fact they disguise their feelings, looking uninterested when these people were talking to them, how they rolled their eyes when these guys gave lame jokes but when in actual fact, they were intoxicated with their behaviour. Funny!

The whole event ended at 5.30 pm, I was tired but I couldn't stop smiling, these girls just made my day.

3 comments:

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Sweet... girls and their crushes... I know it all too well

Puteri's territory said...

Ya ke Myra, ahak ahak.
But come to think of it of course you know all of these too well, you married your schoolmate, your childhood sweetheart kan?

Angela Chong said...

Puan Puteri, Toyota Eco RANGERS. Which Farhanah happens to be president of :D