Thursday, May 7, 2009

Nuraina's Diary


Aina on the first week she received her prefect's tie

My nine-year old Nuraina has a diary with a picture of Hannah Montana as the cover. I didn't mean to pry but as I was checking her school work I saw this diary neatly tucked at the front pocket of her school bag. Seeing me scrutinizing her diary, as this diary has a padlock, she went 'you can read it Ibu, I don't mind'. She later unlocked her diary using the key that she has kept inside her purse and shoved it to me.

I took the opportunity, expecting to witness something juicy written in her diary but this is what I got:-

30 March 2009

Dear diary,
Today I have a great day. I already have my pengawas tie but the bad thing is I got 68% for Maths. So I was really sad and I don't know when to change. I dream I got 100% for Maths. Thank U!

31 March 2009

Dear diary,
Today I have a great day. You know my aunty Erra Fazira has given birth to my cousin. Her name is Engku Aleesya. My brother loves to go to school. He always asks me where to wait and I always say wait at the BUS STOP!!! Thank U!

*NB from Ibu - I can sense her irritation on the last line as she has been answering the same question everyday. It has been 3 months already. (Note to Nabil- stop asking Kakak Aina this question again- you should know by now where you are supposed to wait for your sis, ok Nabil?)

6 April 2009

Dear diary,
Today I had a great day, luckily today I got to jaga at the tangga. The great thing is after school, I went to my mother's school and it was terrific. I saw my school mate and she always says "Hello budak Taman Megah.' I saw the orchestra practised and it was terrific. Thank U!

14 April 2009

Dear diary,
Today is a sunny day. I like it. My mother said if I can save enough money I can buy Hannah Montana raincoat. And I think I can do it. I love my family but just if people scold me I will be very sad but I know that I am wrong. I love U Ibu! I love U Abah! I love U Tok! I love U Tok Mama!

5 May 2009

Dear diary,
Today I had a great day. The most I like is I got first for my syair competition. Now I will fight with daerah because all the winners will fight here. I hope I can win. Thank U!

She actually wrote more than what is written above but only these entries are worth sharing.

I find her diary entries to be interesting because:-

1. she often starts her day with a great day.
2. she ends her diary with thank you. how cute!
3. she is willing to share her thoughts with me.
4. she loves her family.

I just hope that she will keep on sharing her thoughts with me. I hope that we will remain best friends forever and I hope she will always know that I love her so very much.

Thank you, Aina. Thank you for sharing.

2 comments:

jabishah said...

Interesting right? Not sure abt my 2 elder girls though... Used to own a diary but not anymore. Cld it be that they knew I had been reading them or cld it be they hv passed the phase. I pray for the latter. ;-)

Puteri's territory said...

Ja,
It's interesting because I didn't feel she's keeping any secret with me. I guess this is just a phase too as her entries became lesser and lesser by the month.