Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Joy of being a Mother

Being a mother is a gift. A fantastic one I tell you. And as a mother you get one extra occasion to look forward to the 'Mothers' Day'. Mine started as early as 1.08 am when a friend sent me mms wishing me 'Happy Mother's Day' and around 8.30 am onward messages kept pouring in. Up to this hour, I've received 11 messages wishing me Happy Mothers Day from friends and the messages come with lovely poems about the joy of being a mother.

Well at home, the first one to wish me was my eldest daughter, she hugged me and wish me 'Happy Mother's Day, ibu. I love you, tau.' And she spoilt the surprise by saying 'Abah, when can we give the present?' much to Abah annoyance. I could see my hubby eyes were about to bulge when she said that and he only managed 'Ok, we shall wait until all your siblings are up.'

Anyway, this morning we went to Shah Alam as my daughter has saved enough money to buy her Hannah Montain raincoat. We got back at around 11.00 am and I was upstairs when I heard my 3 year-old daughter Dhaniyah singing 'Happy Birthday to you, Ibu' and the elder 2 siblings went 'Bukan birthdaylah, Niyah' and she corrected herself with 'Happys Mothers Days, ibu' followed by Aina and Nabil while presenting me with a huge card and a small present. Dhaniyah later went 'Let me help you to open the present Ibu' and the sister went 'tak payahlah, Niyah sibuk aje, bukan untuk Niyah pun' and Dhaniyah went 'takpe, takpe, Niyah nak tolong ibu' so she helped me unwrap the cute lil' present.

The lil' gift that Dhaniyah helped to unwrap

The children with the giant card.



The other 2 kids were missing from this picture because Hilman poo-poo(ed) and bibik was washing him up and Khairina was busy watching her favourite programme on telly. Sigh!

Nonetheless, Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there and I hope you have fun celebrating this day with your children and hubby. We have the children to thank for for making this day possible for celebration. Cheers!

8 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

Tiut miut anak anak you ni :)
Selamat Hari Ibu, Puteri.

Puteri's territory said...

tiut miut ke? jadi set ye, kita berbesan tau. You can choose more than one if you want to. LOL.

MrsNordin said...

What a great big card! Happy Mother's Day to you!

alias derais said...

bila le masanya i nak dapat lima anak macam tu. lepas ni kalau buleh i nak triple macam mama anak i jugak. terus jadik empat anak. hehe. selamat hari ibu buat kamu!

Puteri's territory said...

Ms Nordin,
thank you for visiting. Saw your mother's day card. Nice and chick, just like you.

Puteri's territory said...

Alias,
wow isteri daripada keluarga triplet, bestnya. tp org katakan kalau kita kembar, anak kita tak kembar tp generasi seterusnya baru kembar. Nampaknya alias kena kerja keraslah dari sekarang nak dpt anak 5. Semoga berjaya. ahak ahak.

aWardah said...

(((hugs)))

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ur kids are so sweet kak Puteri !