Sunday, December 7, 2008

Never enough

What i love about my life now is being a mom. It's such a wonderful feeling. Looking at my children's faces makes me thankful and grateful for each day that i have lived. Although money is never enough, am just grateful to be blessed with these 5 wonderful kids. As parent, we always want the best for our children. We work hard to cater more for their needs than our own. That's why it saddens us when the children just refuse to listen and try to get on our nerves.

If i were to have more money ( a lot more) than what we have now it will only be spent more on my kids and not forgetting to the less fortunate ones. I would sent them for mental arithmetics or kumon, art, music, swimming, ice-skating, football, martial arts, dancing lesson etc etc etc whichever that they show any interest in.

Sometimes, sad to say i believe my kids are deprived from developing their true potential, my second boy for example shows interest in football, we wanted to enrol him in a football class but we dare not commit. My third has been pestering to join her sister's in piano lesson but then again we don't have the capital nor the time and my fourth shows great interest in music be it singing and dancing. With our miniscule salary, five children and living KL money is just never enough.

However, we're pretty particular in our choices of kindergartens and schools. We do not mind paying a lot of money for that. So all the elder 3 kids have been attending Q-dees since they were 4. And the last 3 years we have been paying fees for 2 kids attending Q-Dees.

Hence as it is right now, when the kids ask for things our often reply will be 'not now, not yet, wait until i have the money' and you can see their long face and then they will be talking about their friends with handphones, i-Pod, PSP, PS2, they travel overseas and the list goes on and on. We do try to bring them to holidays every year around Malaysia at least twice a year for a 4 days and 3 nights stay and the look of joy on their faces holidaying is just priceless.

I just wish we have more money so that we can at least do and go whatever or wherever we want without thinking twice or thrice and sometimes more and mind you we're not that spendthrift type. I hate talking about money because it's just never enough! Sigh!

P/S- Oh please do not talk to me about joining MLM, am just not interested. The time spends for seeing clients and attending classes are just not my cup of tea, i rather spend it with my kids. Remember i love being a mom and furthermore i do not have the flair for business.

1 comment:

Lizamurni Lokman said...

Puteq,

It's true that money is never enough all the time...
I share the same vision with you, ie, our children's education is where the money should be invested more on...Danish goes to Q-dees too and the other two will follow suit when they get a little older...
For me, as long as my children's wishes are granted, I'm fulfilled...