Saturday, June 11, 2011

Alahai cik adik oi!

I went to my usual pharmacy yesterday afternoon.  I was in a haste as bibik was not around and hub and Nabil were to leave for their Friday prayer soon.  I wanted to be quick to get my supply.
The usual salesgirl suddenly so surprised to see me dashing into the pharmacy and went 'Dari mana kak?'  That greeting caught me by surprise as she never greeted me that way before.

As I was making my way to the pharmacist, I couldn't help but feel that I am suddenly budging into a serious discussion the pharmacist was having with a young couple.  While I was waiting for the pharmacist to attend to me I could actually listen to the conversation they were having.  The pharmacist didn't actually look happy and so was this sweet, pretty, young thing (not older than 20) the only person who remained calm and didn't utter a single word was the boy beside her.

I could sense something was wrong and my instinct proved me right when I discovered that the girl is 5 weeks pregnant and she's looking for medication to abort the baby.  When she was told to take the pills 7 tablets in the morning, 7 tablets in the afternoon and 7 tablets at night until the fetus dropped, I could see the blood draining from her face because she went '7 biji tiap2 kali? Sampai berapa lama?'... 'Sampai benda tu jatuh lor' said the pharmacist.

The pharmacist realized that I was there, quickly asked me what I wanted, gave me the thing and told me to pay up at the front counter.  At the counter I blurted 'Sedihnya org kita buat perangai camni' and the cashier went 'dah jadi perkara biasa dah kak, ramai dah minta ubat nak gugur kandugan.'

I was soooooo sad, I sat in my car and waited for the couple to come out from the pharmacy, the girl looked forlorn and unhappy, the boy looked calm and didn't say a word until they were out from the pharmacy then only I could see his mouth moving with a slight twitch of a smile.

I am sad so sad and I can't help but to put myself in her mother's shoes on how heartbroken she could be.

A pretty girl like her wasting her youth and time with a boy who's not even good-looking and not responsible enough to father the baby.  Sigh! I am just so sad and I am soooooo afraid.

Ya Allah please protect my children from indulging in such behaviour, jangan fikir seronok je, kesianlah kat mak-bapak ni, yang sayang dan sanggup bergadai untuk anak2.  Fikir panjanglah anak2 oi, kasihanilah kedua ibubapa mu yang telah bersungguh2 membesarkanmu. 

4 comments:

Nadia.Is.Cute said...

I've taken this for my post: http://watikah-nadia.blogspot.com/2011/06/story-by-kak-puteri.html

Thank you. It was nicely written.

Sabrina said...

"the boy looked calm and didn't say a word until they were out from the pharmacy then only I could see his mouth moving with a slight twitch of a smile."

This was so disturbing.

Puteri's territory said...

Ya ke Nadia? But I was so sad that day and the thought kept plaguing me until I just had to pen it down, only then I felt better.

Puteri's territory said...

Hi Sabrina,
thank you for dropping by. Yes very very disturbing.