Friday, August 6, 2010

Don't Call Me a Wonder Mom

Truth be told, having many kids don't actually make a person a wonderful mom, and I am uncomfortable when we people judge me to be a super wonderful mom, just because I have 5 kids.

I ain't no wonder mom, I'll tell you why;

First I have a lot of help as I am staying with my parents.  My mom adores kids and she loves my children to bits, so she helps me a lot in the upbringing of my children.

I have a wonderful maid who has been with us for 5 years, she too loves children and a very good cook and those skills that she has have make my life a breeze as you all know I am lousy in the kitchen (totally hopeless!).

I often shout at my kids, I use cane to get my message across, child psychology? I truly suck at that.

Sometimes I feed them junks, I treat them to pizza, ice-cream, burgers, hotdogs anything that makes my life easier provided I don't have to be in the kitchen to prepare them.

I don't make them to do revision daily, my motto is 'if you are done with your homework, I am fine'.  Revision is only done 2 weeks before the exam.

They are allowed to watch tv everyday, at least an hour a day.

I have stock of chocolates and ice-cream in the fridge.

I love shopping and they often manage to fool me to get the things they want.  I just love the feeling buying things for my kids and watching the satisfied look on their face.

Despite all these flaws and shortcomings, I am still the BEST mom for my kids!!!! ahak ahak.

P/S- I have a lot of regret sometimes and I am definitely not proud of myself and I am working to be a better
         mom for my children.

So please don't call me a wonderful mom because I am far from that and  I truly don't deserve it.

1 comment:

akuzle ayu said...

nah, you just a fine n caring mum though... i believe u always do the best everyday to fulfill your kids need...