Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Contradictory Ibu

Kisah Aina lagi....

This episode happened some time back, can't actually remember when. I'm not sure about yours but my kids love to be told to do things over and over again. I'm just not sure why they enjoy hearing the Ibu goes slightly above her normal pitch. There was this one day, I told everyone as usual to take their bath, while I was busy downstairs, when I came up, I saw everyone has taken their bath except for Kakak Aina who was happily watching television only with her panties and camisole on. I then blew my top and started nagging and telling her off and about being a big girl should set an example to the younger siblings yadda..yadda...yadda..

She with her sour face then dragged her two feet into the bathroom, once done, she took her pyjamas and unashamedly dressed herself in front of me and I went 'dah besar...bla..bla..malulah sikit..bla...bla.. you're 10 already..big girl...tut*tut* pun dah nak tumbuh dah...coverlah sikit..bla..bla...

The day after, she wanted to buy ice-cream, I was pissed off because she decided to tell me that once we have reached home after I have driven them around after their co-curricular activities, so I got upset again and she got another shelling for taking me for granted..yada..yada...yada. And then she went why are you scolding me? I can go buy it all by myself, I can cross the street and I don't need you to take me there. And Ibu responded with 'you're still young...bla..bla..bla..it's not safe..bla..bla..remember Nurin...bla..bla..kena culik..budak kecik..yada..yada..yada..

And then she went 'Which one am I Ibu? Big or small? Young or budak besar? Can you please decide? You are definitely confusing me.'(while scratching her head)

Cheh!
Parenting?
When can I ever get it right?

P/S- Aina, you are kecik or besar whenever I want you to be!!!! Your duty as my child is to do what I told you to do. Don't argue.

P/P/S - Kids - you spend the 2 years of their life teaching them to walk and talk and the rest of the years telling them to sit down and shut up.

6 comments:

alias derais said...

berdasarkan pembacaan aku yang amat teliti terhadap entri ini-dapatlah aku membuat kesimpulan bahawa ko ialah seorang ibu yang amat tipikal-hehe-suka membebel--kesian aina.

byes-opps, jgn bebel kat aku pulak bila ko baca komen aku yg amat ikhlas ini. bukan selalu tau aku buat komen. ni kira spesel dah ni.

Desert Rose said...

Hi 5,

My son n dotter used the word "stress" coz sometimes they are big enuff to take care of their belongings but at times, they r too young to even cross the street - sigh -

Dilemma.

p/s n my 9 yr ol son pun dgn selamba badak boleng dpn I with his newly "sunated" bird tu haaa, lngsng tak malu siap boleh cerita2 lagi, adoyaiii

Puteri's territory said...

En Alias,
terima kasih kerana membaca entri secara teliti dan kau juga seperti bapa tipikal yang lain yang amat suka memberi komen kepada ibu yang melakukan tugasan dengan ikhlas untuk kebaikan manusia sejagat. wakakaka.

Puteri's territory said...

Hi 5, really?
seronoknya. Kekadang rasa nak terkeluar anak tekak ni telling the same thing over and over again.

I ingatkan sbb my son tak bersunat lagi sbb tu tak tau malu, dah bersunat pun sama ke? Baru je ckp kat hubby jomlah sunat si Nabil tu biar dia reti malu sikit. Ni selamba je 'dingdong dingdong' ke sana ke sini.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

My dilemma sedari kecik hingga lah sekarang ni.. My mom pun is the decision maker whether that day I am dah besar or masih budak.. Sigh...

Puteri's territory said...

Myra, sungguh?

You guys turned out alright, all of you. I've always admired your mom by the way, so good to know that I'm not far off the track. Phew!!!