Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Prize Giving Ceremony

It is nice to be acknowledged by the school leavers, though only a handful them came to meet and greet me, it was a wonderful feeling....to be remembered!!!

So today was the prize-giving ceremony known as MPPH in my school (Majlis Penghargaan dan Penyampaian Hadiah).  Seeing the ex-Form 5s who came with such dazzling outfits, stilletos clad to their feet, immaculate make up, designer handbag, up-to-date electronic gadgets,  put my image in my humble baju kurung and the usual eyeliner and lipstick me with shabby looking shoes and handbag to shame.  Oh my! How they  have grown to beautiful, matured looking ladies and pursuing courses that I have never known existed, made me swell with pride.  Last year's Form 5s have made us proud and I do miss them  mostly  my orchestra members.

The ceremony went well I would say, my orchestra girls played really well and many commented they were good and I am relieved and looking at my principal's face who was wide smiling and gave us a thumb's up made me proud, all the hard work really paid off.  I am happy to announce that I have such pleasant girls in my club, though they often get shelling from us the teacher advisors, they never keep grudges and they are helpful to one another.  There is lots of work to be in orchestra but they are not whiners and I am content.

Thank you girls for a wonderful performance.  We have one more major event to think of the Inter-School String Orchestra Competition on the 17th of July...please make us proud of you again!!!

2 comments:

Nic said...

Puteq,

I feel the same way with my kids. They leave your school at 17 and then at 18, they come to my university :-)

Here they are, all wide-eyed, pimpled and innocent and then wham! bam! 6 years later, they're 24 years-old and ready to conquer the world.

I always go, "Oh my, look how handsome you've grown!" to which they go all red and "aww, ma'am.."

Hehe.. yeah, so I know exactly what you mean.

Although I bet Sri Aman girls are wayy prettier than my Engineering boys..!

Puteri's territory said...

Ila,

Kan? They suddenly bloomed and we went gosh! how time flies...

These innocent kids who were once form 1 still holding to their parents' hand when they first entered the school and now all confident and stylo...Sigh! we're old and soon I shall be invited to their wedding.

I consider myself lucky if they bother to invite me.