Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Now I Know Why

Though I tend and try to get along with everybody, there are some people that you can't really get along with and there are some people that you just seem to 'click' straight away like you really enjoy their presence and you have so much to talk to with that person, because you just 'click', you know what I mean?

There are some people that you can talk everything under the sun, you joke around with them, the jokes may sound harsh to others but we do not seem to mind, we are of the same wavelength, we understand each other's feeling and at times we tend to finish each other's lines. I'm glad and quite lucky in the sense that I quite have a number of friends who I just happened to 'click' right away. ,Amazingly, it does not take years to establish this bond, there are a few incidences that I just happen to click right away with these people, we may not see each other often but everytime we meet, we have a lot to share and we just enjoy each other's company.

Quite recently, I commented to a colleague of mine that I just love my Form 3 girls, maybe because I have taught a handful of them since they were in Form One. I have watched them grow from boisterous, immature kids to a more serious and lady-like girls. I can see some of them starting to take learning more seriously this year as the have a major exam to focus on compared to the previous years I have taught them.

In fact some of them are having me for almost 3 years of their school lives, and I do enjoy being with them. We 'click' and we are just interested to know more about each other and we just love sharing stories.

And today I was pointed out why we have this kind of 'tight' relationship, according to the chinese horoscope pointed out by my students 3K's students (Kae*shini, Karish*ma and Kary*na) teachers who are born on the year of a tiger will have a good time teaching students who are born in the year of pig RFLMAO! It sounded ridiculous but I just have to agree.

These kids sometimes make me feel important the celebrity -like kind of importance (LOL!) as they are just interested to know more about me, our routine lesson is sometimes filled with 'red herring' and that makes teaching them effortless and fun. And just like life not everything is a bed of roses and just like roses there are thorns, but I take all them as a challenge and constantly reminding them to not take things easy. Although they can drive me up the wall at times, they are actually fine girls who are capable of doing great things but more often that not they have not able to set their priorities right.

I really hope these girl will strive harder in their studies and will always remember their teachers. I know I have a lot of shortcoming and may not be the best teacher anyone can wish for but I believe each of my student has potential to achieve great success and I always pray for the success of my girls. Last but no least 'nagging teachers are caring teachers', remember that!

NB- This batch of students are the ones responsible in introducing me to the Twillight saga and got me hooked to it 2 years ago (thanks to Han*nna Suhaila), not only that they introduced me to the Night World series too, they are the ones who made me continue blogging after the in-house training that I attended (Angela Chong and the gang in 1B 2008), they are the people who made me read the novel P.S. I Love You and My Sister's Keeper and they are the ones who would tell me what movies or dvds worth watching.

3 comments:

Also Known As; Kaeshini said...

AWWWWWWWW SHO SHWEET :D

Puteri's territory said...

Oh really...thanks. You people are sweeter lots.

Also Known As; Kaeshini said...

AWWWWWWWWWWW :D Did you finish reading my sister's keeper yet ? SO NICE RIGHT ?