Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One for All and All for One

Dear readers, if you've visited this blog and kept seeing the same old post, am really really sorry. Life has been quite busy with final year exam and marking essay papers and the fact that i have to share this lappie with hubby and I only get to use it at night.

I feel bad though and this feeling is plaguing me until I've settled my debt to my readers.

Ok, I've actually drafted three entries weeks ago, so instead of having 3 posts am just gonna wrap it up everything in one go. There will not be much of a rambling more of a reporting and let the photos do most of the talking. Ok? Ready? Here it goes.

My Raya


Our first day of raya was celebrated here in my mom's house and as usual it was such a busy and tiring day as many relatives near and far would come over as my mom is the eldest daughter so we actually had guests from morning till night. My friends and neighbours too came, my friends actually had no choice because I made them come whenever we have to celebrate our first day raya here in PJ. Thank you guys. I know I can always count on you.


My girls attacking the raya biscuits


Ibu and her girls. My face pucat sebab terlupa nak put on lipstick. Was busy making pasta soup.


Hubby and the boys. This year didn't manage to capture a proper family photo.

On the second day, we made our way to hubby's hometown in Kuala Terengganu. The journey was fun as the kids were excited to meet their cousins in Terengganu as they seldom get to see them. Traffic was not too bad but when we got to the trunk road, traffic got heavy as I guess people were busy visiting friends and relatives for raya.


On the third day, we all went off to Besut as we had a family gathering there on my father-in-law's side. It was wonderful to see that they managed to gather all my FIL's siblings all 10 of them (one had passed away in Mecca), there were about 200 odd people there, uncles, aunties, cousins and grandchildren. We had a photo session, meet and greet session and a lot of food and it was just great. The highlight of the whole event was everybody get to meet and mingle with our glamorous relative, none other than the famous Ms Erra Fazira and family and I only have to say nice things about her as she was humble, soft-spoken, friendly and even her baby was super nice, she was friendly, did not mind to be carried by strangers and not cranky at all.

My hubby's uncle Engku Ibrahim Engku Ngah, the penyimpan mohor besar, delivering his speech. At the background is my FIL, the man responsible in preparing his speech.


At last a proper family photo


Tumpang glamour

Oh yes! This family gathering appeared in Utusan Malaysia and Kosmo newspaper.

On the fourth day, we had lunch at the famous ICT (Ikan Celup Tepung) at Seberang Takir, can you imagine after 10 years of marriage that was the first time I got to enjoy the scrumptious delicacies and we definitely going there again every time we have to go back to Terengganu.

On the fifth day, we went to the beach and it was fun. The tide was low, the water was calm and inviting and the weather was just nice to be outside.

Fun at the beach

On Friday, we made our way back to KL.

Aina's Birthday


Last 30th September was my daughter Engku Iman Nuraina's 9th birthday. To mark this special day, we chose to celebrate it at Friday's as this is the place where the make big fuss on the birthday girl/boy.

Aina singing the Best of Both Worlds by Hannah Montana

Aina having a good time


The children joined in the fun

She was a real sport, she sang and even the waiters and the waitresses commented on what a sport she was. We were glad that she had a good time and she was happy to get Hannah Montana's stuff from her Tok Mama and Ibu.





The Orangutan Prize Giving Ceremony


Well remember the orangutan blog that I've pestered all of you to vote? Alright so on the 4th of October we were invited to the prize giving ceremony held in The Curve. I had 2 students travelling with me in my car as I was not confident with my way to The Curve. Me + direction = lost. So we were there quite early, we had our breakfast at Mcdonalds and later settled down at the ceremony area. Before starting, we were briefed on what needed to be done if we made it to the top 3. At this point, I began to have butterflies flying in my stomach.


As usual, it started with speeches, some video showing of the students effort and a performance by one of the schools which took part. I did not really get to enjoy the whole thingy because I was just too nervous that I started to get cold sweat. The prize-giving started with consolation prize, they had 7 to give away and they mentioned the school one by one. It was nerve-wrecking. After they have given 5 consolation prizes, our hope starts to build up, I mean at this point I was almost sure we could make it to the top 3 as our blog was really catchy, informative and creative (so I said lah!). Fine. I syok sendiri. So when they announced the next consolation prize goes to the orangutanchatters.blogspot.com, I almost died of heart attack. We didn't win! But we did our best. There always next year, right girls? And we were the youngest group, so that something we should be proud of.

We didn't win but we were the prettiest lot. Chewah! Oh and we were the only ones in baju kurung and they all were commenting how lovely we look. Betul!

Khairina Graduation Concert

div>On Sunday 5th November was Khairina graduation concert held in Summit Subang Jaya. We were there early to secure a good spot for us to sit. The concert starts at 8.00pm and we were there from 6.45 pm and our place was right smack in the middle. So we had good view of the whole event.



Khairina singing her hearts out


Khairina all made up for the concert
The children posing with Ms Jothi. This teacher is the reason why we sent the kids to that kindi.

The week after, I was busy attending open houses, setting final year papers and now in the process of marking the exam papers. Not only that, we have the Form 5 graduation dinner and the Gala Charity Dinner whereby our queen has agreed to attend to. So my days after this, will be filled with orchestra practices preparing for that grand event.

So I hope now you understand why I have not been updating my blog.


I feel better now that I've settled my debt. Take care!

2 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

Phew! Happening! :D

Puteri's territory said...

Kak Naz,
do you mean to say Hah! Pening!? ahak ahak.