Thursday, December 2, 2010

Satu Dua Tiga Lekuk

I am in the process of resurrecting my blog, wish me luck! (LOL!).  Anyway, let's start with a short and sweet entry of Dhaniyah and her Bedtime Stories.

One night while putting Dhaniyah to bed, she requested that I tell her  bedtime stories.  I was already bored with the selection that we have wait more like I was bored with the stories that she has chosen because I ended up reading the same 2 stories over and over again, it's always either the Ugly Duckling or When Johnny Comes Marching Home.  So this one night, I decided to tell a story that I grew up hearing it over times 'Sang Kancil dan Buaya' as this time the story is told orally as I had no book to refer to,therefore,  basically the story is being watered down, knowing that I will finish the story within minute, I decided to inject some questions as I go along narrating this piece.  And so I went.....

Pada zaman dahulu, di dalam hutan tinggal seekor kancil yang bijaksana  ....

Ibu    : Dhaniyah tau tak kancil tu apa?
Dhaniyah  :  Tahu.  Teacher Niyah ada satu.
Ibu  :  Hah? Biar betul?  Kancil?
Dhaniyah   :  Ya. Tapi kancil dia tak duduk kat hutan, boleh ke kancil duduk kat hutan?
Ibu   :  Kancil duduk kat hutanlah Niyah, kancil tu animal?
Dhaniyah  :  Bukan.  Kancil tu keretalah Ibu.  Teacher Niyah park kancil dia kat school Niyah.
Ibu  : hahahahaha.....

Ok after explaining to her what type of animal kancil is and after she went ooooooooo.....aaaaaaaa,  I continued the story so in between I asked her some more questions and she kind of followed it well so nothing funny happened there, towards the end of the story when the sang kancil went...

Ibu   :  Wahai buaya2 aku bawa perutusan dari Sultan Sulaiman untuk mengira kamu semua supaya aku dapat memberi penghormatan kepada kamu haiwan yang hebat ni.  (note: not the real storyline, I kind of forget how the story goes but who cares?)  Jadi silalah buat one straight line supaya boleh aku kira kamu semua.  So after the crocodiles have line up in one straight line the kancil jumped on each of them reciting 'satu dua tiga lekuk, jantan betina aku ketuk' knocking each of their head. (Ibu did some action of 'luku'(knocking) kepala Niyah and she started to giggle she finds the action to be ticklish, hmmm... I wonder why).  So the kancil managed to reach  the other side of the river, faced the crocodiles and laughing out loud (LOL?) to the crocodiles 'You guys are being fooled, all I wanted to do is to cross this river without being eaten, Sultan Sulaiman tidak memperutuskan apa2 kepadaku kamu semua sudah kena tipu HA HA HA.  Maka kancil tu dengan happynya makan semua buah yang ranum2 di dalam hutan tersebut.  The end.

Ibu   :  Niyah faham tak cerita ni?  Niyah suka tak?

Niyah  :  Niyah faham, nak jadi bijak kena pandai tipu ye Ibu.

Ibu  :   ???????????????

Alright Dhaniyah from tomorrow night onwards we stick to the usual bedtime stories okay, sayang.

4 comments:

akuzle ayu said...

mmglah anak2 kiter neh otak masing2 dh kreatif sgt kan? cabaran tuh utk explain more...ehhehehe

jabishah said...

Hahaha... How cute! You I hv gotten tired reading to them & simply do the story telling apa yg terlintas dkt kepala. The younger ones were fascinated. The elder ones macam gila nak tahan gelak.

Puteri's territory said...

Ayu,
thanks for dropping by. Kekadang tak terpikir soalan yg bakal ditanya. Dah explain dah lebih kurang tp budak2 ni they take it on face value aje, so slow2 lah..

Puteri's territory said...

Ja,
rajinnyer u bercerita dgn diaorg and you are definitely one creative mother. Actually apa yg terlintas tu kekadang citer dia mcm caca-marba sikit tp sebenarnya lebih interesting. Next time I have to be more careful and selective when doing my story telling session.